Welcome… now you can relax in knowing that you will be under the care of some of the most talented physicians in medicine today. Their combined scope of practice is unique to the Bay Area as it includes Family Medicine, Functional Medicine, Sports Medicine and Regenerative Medicine.
If you have a common cold, infection, bronchitis, a woman’s health issue, digestive disorder or just need a general physical exam we are here to help you. A yearly physical is an important way to stay on top of your health and to keep on target for a healthier lifestyle. Teaming up with your doctor to strategize on ways to treat issues that brought you here can give you the power of choice. Discussing and empowering people on how to manage and mitigate the early signs of a potential health challenge is something our patients really appreciate.
By shifting the traditional disease-centered focus of medical practice to a more patient-centered approach, functional medicine addresses the whole person, not just an isolated set of symptoms. Functional medicine practitioners spend time with their patients, listening to their histories and looking at the interactions among genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors that can influence long-term health and complex, chronic disease. In this way, functional medicine supports the unique expression of health and vitality for each individual.
Functional medicine integrates traditional Western medical practices with what are sometimes considered “alternative” or “integrative” medicine, creating a focus on prevention through nutrition, diet, and exercise; use of the latest laboratory testing and other diagnostic techniques; and prescribed combinations of drugs and/or botanical medicines, supplements, therapeutic diets, detoxification programs, or stress-management techniques.
Our doctors have treated some of the best athletes in the world and we use that experience and skill in helping our patients from all you weekend warriors to professional athletes and everything in-between.
Using some of the best combinations of traditional, integrated and regenerative medicine we can help diagnose, treat and get you back in action as quickly as possible. We take it a step further by looking at the athlete as a whole, assessing why the injury may have happened in the first place (muscular imbalances, poor biomechanics, lack of stability or mobility during movements) and assist the patient in improving and correcting these findings. This can result in a quick recovery, improved function/performance and reduce the risks of a subsequent injury. Our unique experience of having world class Doctors of Chiropractic as well as Doctors of Physical Therapy working in the same facility help us to communicate the unique needs of each patient, when a team approach is needed.
This is a new and exciting area in the field of medicine. Did you know it is now possible to restore and repair damaged or aging cells using regenerative cells (either your own cells or donor cells), and effectively regenerate tissues in the body. Prolotherapy, platelet rich plasma and stem cell therapy are some of the best medicine has to offer in the field of regenerative medicine, and we do it here at Chiro-Medical Group.
Our medical department is on the cutting edge of this incredible technology to treat sprains, strains, and damaged ligaments and shock absorbers of the body which include the shoulders, elbows, hands, hips, knees, feet and spine. Injuries that lingered or just never quite healed correctly now have the potential for recovery with this incredible technology. Ruptured ligaments or torn knee meniscus that previously required surgery now may be candidates for a non-surgical correction. We have seen, and research has shown that this may be an option for many injuries that are now treated with more invasive procedures. An ACL is a good example where following surgery, there is a long road to recovery (surgery and intensive rehab) where Stem cell therapy may have a much easier healing process.
So now you may have options, and we would like to help you to make an informed decision when it comes to treating your musculoskeletal injuries with regenerative tissue therapy.
Description of Practice.....Jake Wardwell, D.O., FACOFP, ABIHM, RMSK
I am a board certiified family medicine practitiner but I do so much more than a traditional family medicine practice. Yes, we treat coughs and colds, skin rashes, infections, bronchitis, woman’s health issues and more. What really sets us apart is our expertise in Functional Medicine (finding out WHY your body is sick) and not just treating the symptom. So much of medicine focuses on sick care and not HEALTH CARE. We understand that you are coming to us for help in treating those painful symptoms and we will, but addressing the real cause of the problem and is what it takes to elevate your health to the next level, is in our opinion health care as it should be. That is what we do and it is one of the reasons why we are so successful in helping so many people to feel better and be healthier (and why our patients refer their family and friends to us).
Dr. Wardwell is an Osteopath Board Certified in Integrative Family Medicine and Musculoskeletal Ultrasonography. He completed his medical degree at Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine. His Internship was at Maine-Dartmouth Family Medicine Residency and he finished residency at Westchester General HospitalFamily Medicine Residency. His unique skill-set as an Osteopath spans the fields of Integrative and Regenerative Medicine to include:
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
- Myofascial Release, NeuroFascial Release, Counterstrain, Muscle Energy, HVLA, & Cranio-Sacral Manipulation
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasonography
- ARDMS RMSK Certified
- Acupuncture and Yoga Therapy: A fusion of Acupuncture and Yoga therapy to address meridian imbalances through both Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurvedic Medicine [Trained in Acupuncture at Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine]
- Prolotherapy, Neural Prolotherapy and Prolozone: Trained through the American Academy of Orthopedics in Medicine and currently studying the effects of Prolozone under the American Academy of Ozonetherapy IRB
- Platelet Rich Plasma
- Ultrasound Guided Musculoskeletal Injections
- Hair Regrowth
- Scar Removal
- Stem Cell Procedures
- Amniotic Membrane Derived Stem Cells as an FDA approved Allograft
- Adipose Derived Stem Cells
- Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy: Uncovering the source of hormonal imbalance as well as replacement of deficient hormones
- Digestive Health
- Personalized Microbiome Optimization, Diet and Nutrition Counseling based on Functional Medicine Testing, Chinese Medicine Diagnostics and diets specific to medical conditions
- Intravenous Therapy: Prescribed to meet individual needs based on Functional Medicine Testing
- Myers Cocktail, Glutathione, Amino Acids & Condition-specific IV Nutrients
- Detoxification [Trained through the American College for Advancement in Medicine]
- Suboxone: Detoxification from chronic opiate use
- Nutraceutical Supplementation: Many common primary complaints can safely and effectively be addressed by nutraceuticals instead of pharmaceutical medications. Knowing the right supplement for the right condition and choosing a high quality product is Dr. Wardwell’s forte.
- Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Practitioner Network Member working under Dr. Tietelbaum’s scientifically validated SHINE protocol to help patients recover from the myriad of causes and symptoms of chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia.
-Weight Loss and Fat Removal: A holistic weight loss program that uses tools like Hcg and Lipotherapy in conjunction with many of the above listed services
Primary Care Services
Annual Physicals, Sports Physicals, Travel Consultations, Allergy Testing, IUD insertion and Acute illness care